How many Kanji cards are in your flashcard sets?
Kana Flashcards includes 92 kana cards--46 hiragana and 46 katakana cards. Kana Flashcards includes about 450 basic vocabulary building words.
Kanji Flashcards: Series 1 (published before 2010)
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards: Volume 1 includes 284 kanji cards. Each kanji includes 6 vocabulary building kanji compounds--about 1,700 words in the set!
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards: Volume 2 includes 739 kanji cards. There are about 4,200 vocabulary words total in this set.
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards: Volume 3 includes 903 Kanji cards.
Kanji Flashcards: Series 2 (Published 2010)
We have revised our Kanji Flashcards series due to changes with the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). We are calling this revised product family "Japanese Kanji Flashcards SERIES 2" and it includes:
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2, Volume 1: 300 Beginner-Level Kanji Cards
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2, Volume 2: 750 Intermediate-Level Kanji Cards
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2, Volume 3: 895 Advanced-Level Kanji Cards
In creating these new volumes, we have re-distributed some kanji between the original sets, and also changed the sequence numbers within sets.
As a result, if you purchased the OLD SERIES 1 Volume 1 set and now purchase the NEW Series 2 Volume 2 set, you will have 16 cards missing. We have made these 16 cards available as a special pack available here.
Also, if you purchased the OLD SERIES 1 Volume 2 set and now purchase the NEW Series 2 Volume 3 set, you will have 27 cards missing. We have made these 27 cards available as a special pack available here.
In making Series 2 we have also made a lot of small changes to vocabulary etc, removing vocabulary that aren't used so often, and adding new vocabulary.